- We only accept online submissions with the genre in the e-mail header.
- Submissions must be in a Word document or .RTF attachment.
- Please include writer’s contact information and bio (not to exceed 50 words) on a separate cover page. We blind read all submissions.
- Fiction- Send up to 10 pages of fiction. Submitters may send up to two fictional stories per submission to Jennifer@damselflypress.net
- Poetry- Send 1-3 poems to Lesley@damselflypress.net
- Nonfiction- Send up to 7 pages of nonfiction. Submitters may send up to two nonfiction submissions, such as memoir or personal essays, to Nonfiction@damselflypress.net
- We request that writers submit to only one genre per reading cycle.
- We do not accept previously published work.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted.
- We are unable to provide compensation to writers for accepted submissions at this time.
- If your submission is not accepted for publication, please refrain from re-submitting more than four times in succession.
- If a writer’s work initially appears in damselfly press and is later published elsewhere, we request an acknowledgement.
- For writers whose work has been accepted by our journal, please wait for up to a year after publication before resubmitting.
- Please refrain from submitting if you are not open to edits. Selected pieces often require minimal editing.
- Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will be rejected without being read.
Send submissions to: